What is the Public Reporting data preview?
Starting Thursday, July 27, 2023, hospitals participating in the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR), Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR), Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program, Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR), and Prospective Payment System (PPS)-Exempt Cancer Hospitals Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Programs have 30 days to preview data that will be publicly reported.
When can hospitals preview their data?
From July 27 through August 25, 2023, hospitals can preview the data that will publicly appear in October 2023. The data is available for preview on the Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) page on QualityNet (https://hqr.cms.gov/hqrng/login). CMS encourages hospitals to look at their information early in the preview period to allow time for a thorough review.
Which hospitals and facilities should preview their data?
The preview period is for hospitals and facilities participating in the following programs:
- IPFQR Program
- Hospital IQR Program
- Hospital OQR Program
- PCHQR Program
- Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program
How do hospitals preview their data?
You can access your preview data by following these steps:
- Navigate to the HQR page on QualityNet at https://hqr.cms.gov/hqrng/login
- Enter your Health Care Quality Information Systems (HCQIS) Access Roles and Profile (HARP) User ID and Password. By logging in, you agree to the Terms & Conditions. Then, select Login.
- The site will direct you to the Two-Factor Authorization page. Select Text or Email. Select Next.
- Enter the code you received. Select Next.
- On the HQR Landing page, hover over the Lock Menu on the left side.
- Select Program Reporting.
- From the drop-down menu, select Public Reporting.
- The page will refresh, and the data will be available to preview.
For more information…
To learn more, including where to turn for help with the data preview, visit https://qualitynet.cms.gov/news/64be7ea1749e52001c0e6ffa.