IPRO Hospital Quality Improvement Contractor (HQIC)
The IPRO HQIC supports participating hospitals by strengthening existing patient safety processes and facilitating quality improvement strategies to improve patient safety and reduce all cause harm.
Operating as the IPRO HQIC, IPRO is collaborating with the following organizations: Healthcentric Advisors, Qlarant, Q3 Health Innovation Partners, Kentucky Hospital Association, and Superior Health Quality Alliance. In addition, we offer the expertise of the American Institutes for Research—nationally-recognized experts in patient and family engagement (PFE)—to support you in implementing PFE best practices.
We offer free, focused technical support targeting identified high-priority patient safety issues in rural hospitals, critical access hospitals, and acute care facilities serving vulnerable populations.
Our Service Area
Our network includes hospitals located in 14 states and the District of Columbia, sharing best practices in patient safety.
We invite hospitals to participate at their own pace. We will augment your existing patient safety processes and support your hospital’s efforts to be a high reliability organization, improve patient safety, and reduce all cause harm.
We support hospitals in improving care delivery systems affecting vulnerable populations through:
- Data Analytics & Benchmarking
- AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety CultureTM
- Patient Safety Learning Collaborative
- Patient Safety Resources & Tools
- Peer-to-Peer Sharing Platforms
- Quality Improvement Training
- Subject Matter Experts
We offer customized, data-driven, targeted technical assistance to meet the unique needs of your hospital. As the largest Medicare QIN-QIO in the country, IPRO brings vast knowledge of care coordination and emergency preparedness to the HQIC effort.
The IPRO HQIC Team
Our physician-led team consists of healthcare professionals experienced in supporting hospitals and health systems with:
- Reducing the burden of data submission with claims data and NHSN conferred rights.
- Identifying practical ways to engage patients, caregivers, families, and others in increasing quality and safety, improving outcomes, and reducing costs.
- An online community forum that offers an opportunity for your team to share and learn about innovative best practices in patient safety.