As part of the IPRO QIN-QIO’s “From Booster Shots to Bouncing Back” weekly educational series, every Thursday we offer IP3 – Infection Prevention by an Infection Preventionist for Infection Preventionists. The intent of this office hours-type 30-minute session is to provide attendees the opportunity to discuss current hot topics that they select, share ideas and resources, and learn from our expert staff as well as their peers.
A recent Office Hours conversation revolved around policies and procedures to ensure a robust vaccination campaign for long-term care facilities. To ensure that nursing homes are aware of rapidly changing CMS and CDC guidance, IP3 host Melanie Ronda, MSN, RN, shared the most up-to-date resources around this topic. Here is the list:
- Interim Final Rule – COVID-19 Vaccine Immunization Requirements for Residents and Staff, May 11, 2021, CMS
- State Operations Manual Appendix PP – Guidance to Surveyors for Long Term Care Facilities, CMS
- Administer the Vaccine(s), CDC
- Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States, Interim Clinical Considerations, CDC
- ENTRANCE CONFERENCE WORKSHEET (January 2022), CMS
- Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities, CMS
- Long-Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facility Attachment A-Revised
Visit here to find out about future IP3 sessions.