Patient Safety Awareness Week is March 14–20, 2021
Patient Safety Awareness Week both acknowledges and celebrates improved safety and care throughout the health system.
We are part of a national effort working to spread awareness and help health care systems implement the latest patient safety advancements. We’re supporting vital patient safety initiatives that include:
- Properly engaging and empowering patients, caregivers, and providers
- Integrating quality improvement practices
- Collecting and interpreting data
Resources for Patients, Families, and Caregivers
- Share CDC’s 10 safety tips to protect against hospital-acquired infections
- Clean hands count for patients and providers. Share CDC’s hand hygiene guidance.
- Patient safety is everyone’s responsibility. Share CDC’s guidance for patients.
Resources for Healthcare Providers
- Want to create an exciting patient safety awareness experience for your staff? Make a game of rounding and offer incentives for correct answers.
- Find ways to recognize the patient safety successes in your organization.
- Contact a local radio station to offer a spokesperson to share patient safety tips and highlights in your community.
- Review AHRQ’s top 10 evidence-based tips to prevent adverse events from occurring in your hospital
- Link to patient safety-focused publications or blog posts in your organization’s newsletter:
- Download a toolkit or guide: