Join IPRO for the Health Equity Organizational Assessment (HEOA) Affinity Group. Led by IPRO Health Equity subject matter experts (SMEs), the group will work together to advance opportunities for improvement identified from your organization’s HEOA report. The affinity group will give participants the opportunity to collaborate, share best practices and lessons learned while implementing the key activities in the HEOA.
Affinity Group Objectives
- Engage in a hands-on, interactive learning experience where participants take action and have demonstrable achievements to share within their organizations and among peers.
- Assist participants to select and implement key activities for at least one HEOA category where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Provide a collaborative forum for participants to share best practices, challenges, and lessons learned from implementing the HEOA key activities.
- Share tools, resources, and other health equity related material among affinity group participants.
IPRO will sponsor a private Facebook group for affinity group participants to collaborate and receive support between sessions. The IPRO facilitators will monitor the Facebook page to ensure that questions and requests for support are addressed in a timely manner, and share relevant resources.
Affinity Group Guidelines
We are excited you are interested in the HEOA Affinity Group to advance health equity. This will be a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience where participants will implement a small-scale quality improvement project related to their organization’s HEOA. IPRO Health Equity SMEs will facilitate this group and offer technical assistance as needed. To maximize the benefit of participation, we are sharing the following guidelines for you to consider prior to registration:
- Participants will make every effort to attend all six affinity group sessions.
- Participants will have knowledge of their organization’s patient demographic data collection processes.
- Participants will dedicate the time necessary to take action on group assignments in between sessions.
- Participants will come prepared to engage in collaborative learning and share their experiences completing the group assignments.
- Participants agree to complete another HEOA assessment within one month of completing the affinity group to demonstrate progress on implementing key activities.
IPRO will consider your registration a commitment to these guidelines.
We will forward a copy of your organization’s IPRO HEOA assessment report prior to the first session.
We look forward to collaborating with you!
HEOA Affinity Group
- The six sessions are held the second Thursday of each month from 12 – 12:45 pm ET.
- Please register for each session using the links below.
December 8, 2022
|In this session, we will discuss organizational commitment to health equity.
· How does leadership support your organization’s health equity efforts?
· What steps does your organization take to promote health equity and build cultural and linguistic competency?
· What are some barriers your organization faces in advancing health equity?
January 12, 2023
|In this session, we will discuss patient demographic data collection.
· What processes has your organization implemented to collect race, ethnicity, and language (REaL) data?
o Who collects these data?
o How is it collected?
o How does your organization validate the data to ensure completeness and accuracy?
o How is staff trained to collect it?
· What are challenges and lessons learned?
· Are there other data that your organization collects (e.g., sexual orientation and gender identity or health related social needs)?
February 9, 2023
|In this session, participants will identify a small-scale quality improvement (QI) project for one of the HEOA categories. The IPRO facilitators will walk through the QI steps to complete this project.
March 9, 2023
|In this session, participants will discuss their plan for piloting their small-scale QI project.
· Who will you involve in your pilot?
· In what timeframe will it be implemented?
· What metrics will you use to help you assess progress?
· What feedback will you collect to help make adjustments?
April 13, 2023
|In this session, participants will share progress on the implementation of their pilot projects.
· Did you accomplish what you set out to do?
· What challenges did you encounter?
· What adjustments did you make to your intervention(s)
May 11, 2023
|In this session, we will discuss how to sustain the QI projects and spread the success to other key activities in the HEOA.