As part of the IPRO QIN-QIO’s efforts to increase knowledge on infection prevention, every Thursday we offer IP3 – Infection Prevention by an Infection Preventionist for Infection Preventionists. The intent of this office hours-type 30-minute session is to provide attendees the opportunity to discuss current hot topics that they select, share ideas and resources, and learn from our expert staff as well as their peers.
To ensure that nursing homes are aware of rapidly changing CMS and CDC guidance, IP3 host Melanie Ronda, MSN, RN, shares the most up-to-date resources around this topic.
Here is the list of resources for the week of 8/18/22
From the IPRO QIN-QIO resource library
- Vaccine toolkit: Influenza, Pneumococcal and COVID-19 Immunization Toolkit
- Preparing for friends and family vaccine clinic: Preparing for a Community COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Toolkit
National partner resources
- COVID-19 vaccine booster information: COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters, CDC
- Staying up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines: Stay Up to Date with Your COVID-19 Vaccines, CDC
Pneumococcal vaccine changes and information:
- Your Best Shot – Pneumococcal Vaccines, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- ACIP Pneumococcal Vaccination Recommendations for 2022: What’s New?
- PneumoRecs VaxAdvisor, CDC
Monkey Pox: Signs and Symptoms | Monkeypox | Poxvirus, CDC