Medicare covers a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot
If you’re 65 or older and you’re fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you can get a booster shot, at no cost to you. You can also get a booster shot if you’re over 18 and have certain medical conditions, live in a long-term care facility, or work or live in a high-risk setting.
Booster shots are available for the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines. You can get your booster shot at least 6 months after you get your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or at least 2 months after your Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Find more information about Medicare & COVID-19.
NTP Medicare Update & Education Webinar
- There’s no webinar in December. Check out all of the 2021 webinar recordings that you may have missed.
- We look forward to kicking off our 2022 webinars on Thursday, January 13, 2022 from 1:00–2:30 p.m. ET.
NTP Training Materials
- 2022 Medicare Amounts: Job Aid
- Medicare & Tax-Favored Health Programs PowerPoint
- Medicare & the Marketplace PowerPoint
- Medicare Open Enrollment Toolkit—Getting Ready for 2022
- Don’t forget to check out the CMS NTP newest training materials, including PowerPoint modules that can be customized for your audience.
NTP Webinar Recordings
- October Update & Education webinar (recorded October 14, 2021)
- View all of our past webinar recordings on the NTP website.
NTP Self-paced Course Spotlight: Immigrants & Medicare
You’ll learn when non-United States citizens, who move from other countries to the U.S., may qualify to get Medicare coverage. The timing of enrollment depends on their permanent resident status and how long they’ve lived in the U.S. It’s important to understand how these elements can impact someone’s eligibility and timing for Medicare.
Did You Know?
- November is American Diabetes Month. Medicare covers diabetes screenings if your doctor says you’re at risk.
- November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Learn more about Medicare’s coverage of lung cancer screenings.
- You can order publications on topics like Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and the Health Insurance Marketplace® by going to the CMS product ordering website.
- The CMS Newsroom has the latest Medicaid news.