July 29, 12:30 PM EDT
A SAMHSA-sponsored webinar presented on behalf of Mental Health America will take place Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 12:30pm Eastern Time called Supporting Older Adults with Comorbid Health Conditions.
As individuals age, they are at increased risk of experiencing multiple chronic conditions across both physical and mental health. Adults with comorbid health conditions, especially if these include mental illnesses, often face barriers to engaging in initial care. For many, there are continuing difficulties once engaged in care, like managing multiple providers or feeling like their conditions are being addressed independently.
This webinar will explore:
- Mental Health America’s findings from surveying adults with co-morbid physical and mental health conditions about their care experiences;
- Skills to effectively engage older adults with multiple chronic conditions in care;
- Why integration of physical and behavioral health care is important for older adults, and how to put it into practice.
- Maddy Reinert – Senior Director of Population Health, Mental Health America
- Dr. Maureen Nash – Medical Director, Providence Elderplace PACE Oregon (Program of All Inclusive Care of the Elderly)
When in the seminar room, the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select “Enter as a Guest,” enter the name and state of the participant in the “Name” field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on “Enter Room.” For attendees, this is a “listen only” webinar. Should they need to dial in, the instructions are on the note pad in the seminar room.
If you dial in, please ensure that your computer speakers are turned off so that there is no audio feedback.
Note: If you are only able to join the audio portion, then you will not be able to see the webinar presentation.
We highly recommend that you test your connection to Adobe Connect in advance of the webinar to ensure access. You may need to work with your state’s IT Department to resolve any firewall issues. To test your connection, please go to: http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. You may be prompted to install ActiveX control, Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Connect add-ins. If you encounter any difficulty testing your connection or logging into the webinar, please contact Technical Support by calling 1-800-459-5680.
Please contact Kelle Masten with questions at email@example.com.
**We do not offer CEU credits however letters of attendance are offered upon request. ***Closed-captioning is available for this webinar