As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement Calls – Week of 6/29/20 and JulyCMS hosts varied recurring stakeholder engagement sessions to share information related to the agency’s response to COVID-19. These sessions are open to members of the healthcare community and are intended to provide updates, share best … Read more
- National Nursing Home Training on July 2: Transparency – Resident and Family NotificationJuly 2, 2020 @ 4:00 – 5:00 PM ET Register The National Nursing Home Training Series is brought to you by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the QIO Program, a national … Read more
- COVID-19 Workshop on July 23: Dementia Care Practice Recommendations for People Residing in Nursing HomesThursday, July 23, 2020, 10:30-11:00 AM EDT Our COVID-19 Workshop Series continues on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am. Join us for a COVID-19 Workshop on July 23 as we share dementia care practice recommendations for … Read more
Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
05/09/20 – Telehealth Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services. This updated video answers common questions about the expanded Medicare telehealth services benefit under the 1135 waiver authority and Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
04/06/20 – Guidance for Processing Attestations from Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) Temporarily Enrolling as Hospitals during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: As part of the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers, CMS is allowing Medicare-enrolled ASCs to temporarily enroll as hospitals and to provide hospital services to help address the urgent need to increase hospital capacity to take care of patients.
03/17/20 – The federal government announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Read the press release, frequently asked questions, and fact sheet.
View a curated list of CMS and CDC Resources.
Check back regularly for the latest updates.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC NHSN Special Circumstances
- CDC Hosts NHSN Live Q & A Session
- CDC’s NHSN LTCF COVID-19 Module: CDC Holds Additional NHSN Trainings
- CDC’s LTC Mini-Webinars
- Updated: CDC’s COVID-19 NHSN Module for Long Term Care Facilities
- How to Protect Yourself & Others
- CDC’s New PPE Educational Materials
- Infection Control FAQs
- Optimize PPE Supply
- COVID-19 Outpatient Dialysis Facility Preparedness Assessment Tool
- CDC’s NHSN: Healthcare Worker and Supply Pathways
- Dialysis Facilities: Screening Patients for COVID-19
- Infection Control Guidance
- Return-to-Work Criteria for Health Care Professionals with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Announces Plans to End the Blanket Waiver Requiring Nursing Homes to Submit Staffing Data
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians Participating in the Quality Payment Program in 2020
- CMS Unveils Major Organizational Change to Reduce Provider and Clinician Burden and Improve Patient Outcomes
- CMS Issues Call to Action Based on New Data Detailing COVID-19 Impacts on Medicare Beneficiaries
- Medicare Coverage of COVID-19 Testing for Nursing Home Residents and Patients
- CMS Released Weekly Update of Nursing Home COVID-19 Data as of June 7, 2020
- QIN-QIOs Partner with CMS to Create New COVID-19 Toolkit for Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Data and Inspections Results Available on Nursing Home Compare
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement Calls – Week of 6/1/20
- CMS Programs & Payment for Care in Hospital Alternate Care Sites
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Billing and Claims Webinar
- CMS Gives States Additional Flexibility to Address Coronavirus Pandemic
- Medicare Payment for COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- CMS Releases Additional Waivers for Hospitals and Ground Ambulance Organizations
- Trump Administration Issues Guidance to Ensure States Have a Plan in Place to Safely Reopen Nursing Homes
Additional Updates, Webinars, & More
American Hospital Association Checklist for Discharging Patients
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) COVID-19 Resources
FEMA Fact Sheet on Personal Protective Equipment Preservation Best Practices