As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
- IPRO QIN-QIO Webinar on August 25: Telehealth Then & Now – A Provider’s PerspectiveTuesday, August 25, 1-2PM EDT Part of the Telehealth Practice Innovations During the COVID-19 Pandemic Webinar Series Join us to learn the evolution of telehealth technology and how providers are using it during the pandemic. … Read more
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement Calls: August 4-14CMS hosts varied recurring stakeholder engagement sessions to share information related to the agency’s response to COVID-19. These sessions are open to members of the healthcare community and are intended to provide updates, share best … Read more
- COVID-19 Workshop on August 6: COVID-19 & Telehealth Advance Care ConversationsThursday, August 6, 2020, 10:30-11:00 AM EDT Our COVID-19 Workshop Series continues on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am. Join us as Michele Carignan, RN and Courtney Lamothe, MSW, LCSW from Continuum Care of Rhode Island, … Read more
Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
05/09/20 – Telehealth Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services. This updated video answers common questions about the expanded Medicare telehealth services benefit under the 1135 waiver authority and Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
04/06/20 – Guidance for Processing Attestations from Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) Temporarily Enrolling as Hospitals during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: As part of the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers, CMS is allowing Medicare-enrolled ASCs to temporarily enroll as hospitals and to provide hospital services to help address the urgent need to increase hospital capacity to take care of patients.
03/17/20 – The federal government announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Read the press release, frequently asked questions, and fact sheet.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Proposes to Expand Telehealth Benefits Permanently for Medicare Beneficiaries Beyond the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and Advances Access to Care in Rural Areas
- COVID-19: Coverage of Physician Telehealth Services Provided to SNF Residents
- CMS Updates Medicare Payment Policies for Several Types of Healthcare Providers
- CMS and CDC announce provider reimbursement available for counseling patients to self-isolate at time of COVID-19 testing
- Bringing Attention to Health Equity for People with Disabilities
- CMS Updates Data on COVID-19 Impacts on Medicare Beneficiaries
- Home Health QRP COVID-19 PHE Tip Sheet is Available
- OCR Issues Guidance on Civil Rights Protections Prohibiting Race, Color, and National Origin Discrimination During COVID-19
- CMS Announces Membership of Independent Coronavirus Commission on Safety and Quality in Nursing Homes
- COVID-19: Nursing Home Testing, SNF Benefit Period Waiver
Additional Updates, Webinars, & More
- April 2 Cohorting Residents Guidance
- March 13 Guidance to SNFs on admissions from and discharges to hospitals.
- March 3 webinar recording and slides.
- Screening Checklist for Visitors and Employees. AHCA Guidance
- Questions: COVID19@ahca.org
American Hospital Association Checklist for Discharging Patients
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) COVID-19 Resources
FEMA Fact Sheet on Personal Protective Equipment Preservation Best Practices
Institute of Patient- and Family-Centered Care: COVID-19 FAQs