Available through the
CMS Quality, Safety & Education Portal (QSEP)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to help nursing homes prepare for the fall and winter months of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Developed to meet the urgent and ongoing needs of nursing home managers and frontline staff, insights gained during the COVID-19 pandemic have been used to create a series of scenario-based trainings to share knowledge around ways to protect, provide care and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
These free CMS Targeted COVID-19 Training for Frontline Nursing Home Staff & Management learning intensives are hosted on the CMS Quality, Safety & Education Portal (QSEP). This fall, nursing home staff members can earn certificates of completion while receiving the latest guidance from CMS on COVID-19 preparedness, resident-centered care and infection prevention and control.
Nursing home frontline staff will learn:
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- Screening and Surveillance
- Cleaning the Nursing Home
- Caring for Residents with Dementia in a Pandemic
Nursing home managers will learn:
- Basic Infection Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Surge Capacity
- Addressing Emotional Needs of Residents and Staff
- Telehealth for Nursing Homes
- Getting your Vaccine Delivery System Ready
These trainings will help nursing homes continue to respond to the demands of COVID-19 into the second half of 2020 and beyond. Register on QSEP to get started.