- This event has passed.
Health Equity Organizational Assessment Affinity Group
December 8, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Session 1 – December 8, 2022
Join IPRO for the Health Equity Organizational Assessment (HEOA) Affinity Group. Led by IPRO Health Equity subject matter experts (SMEs), the group will work together to advance opportunities for improvement identified from your organization’s HEOA report. The affinity group will give participants the opportunity to collaborate, share best practices and lessons learned while implementing the key activities in the HEOA.
Affinity Group Objectives
- Engage in a hands-on, interactive learning experience where participants take action and have demonstrable achievements to share within their organizations and among peers.
- Assist participants to select and implement key activities for at least one HEOA category where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Provide a collaborative forum for participants to share best practices, challenges, and lessons learned from implementing the HEOA key activities.
- Share tools, resources, and other health equity related material among affinity group participants.
IPRO will sponsor a private Facebook group for affinity group participants to collaborate and receive support between sessions. The IPRO facilitators will monitor the Facebook page to ensure that questions and requests for support are addressed in a timely manner, and share relevant resources.
Affinity Group Guidelines
We are excited you are interested in the HEOA Affinity Group to advance health equity. This will be a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience where participants will implement a small-scale quality improvement project related to their organization’s HEOA. IPRO Health Equity SMEs will facilitate this group and offer technical assistance as needed. To maximize the benefit of participation, we are sharing the following guidelines for you to consider prior to registration:
- Participants will make every effort to attend all six affinity group sessions.
- Participants will have knowledge of their organization’s patient demographic data collection processes.
- Participants will dedicate the time necessary to take action on group assignments in between sessions.
- Participants will come prepared to engage in collaborative learning and share their experiences completing the group assignments.
- Participants agree to complete another HEOA assessment within one month of completing the affinity group to demonstrate progress on implementing key activities.
IPRO will consider your registration a commitment to these guidelines.
We will forward a copy of your organization’s IPRO HEOA assessment report prior to the first session.
We look forward to collaborating with you!
HEOA Affinity Group
- The six sessions are held the second Thursday of each month from 12 – 12:45 pm ET.