As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
Updated: 4/6/20 10:00AM
Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
April 6, 2020 – New Video Available on Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services: The video provides answers to common questions about the Medicare telehealth services benefit.
April 6, 2020 – Guidance for Processing Attestations from Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) Temporarily Enrolling as Hospitals during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: As part of the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers, CMS is allowing Medicare-enrolled ASCs to temporarily enroll as hospitals and to provide hospital services to help address the urgent need to increase hospital capacity to take care of patients.
March 17, 2020 – The federal government announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Read the press release, frequently asked questions, and fact sheet.
Webinar: COVID-19 Guidance for HR Professionals
Thur, Apr 9, 2020 8:15-9:45AM EDT – Register to learn about Unemployment, TDI & TCI Benefits and the intersection with the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the CARES Act.
Webinar: Primary Care’s Role in Responding to COVID-19
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 2-3:00 PM EDT – Register to learn about the coronavirus outbreak, its impact on practices and patients, and how primary care is responding.
View a curated list of CMS and CDC Resources.
Check back regularly for the latest updates.
Latest CDC News: Sign up for CDC news via email.
Learn the Basics:
- CDC Guidance on Preventative Actions
- FAQs for Healthcare Personnel Responding to COVID-2019
- Tips keeping the workplace safe
- Community mitigation strategies
Mitigation Strategies & Interim Guidance:
- Discontinuation of Transmission-Based Precautions and Disposition of Patients with COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings (updated Interim Guidance)
- Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
- Discontinuation of Home Isolation for Persons with COVID-19
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations
- Isolation Precautions
Preparedness Tips for Long-Term Care, Hospitals, Facilities, & Alternative Care Sites
- Health care facilities Environmental Infection Control Guidelines
- Hospital COVID-19 Preparedness Tool
- Infection Prevention and Control Considerations for Alternative Care Sites
- Interim Infection Control Guidance on COVID-19 for Personnel at Blood and Plasma Collection Facilities
- Long-Term Care COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist
- Preparing Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities: Webinar Recording and Slides
- Dialysis Facility Preparedness Assessment Tool
- Dialysis Facilities: Screening and Triage
- PPE optimization strategies
- 4/6 – New Video Available on Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services
- 4/3 – Telehealth Billing Correction, Nursing Home Recommendations, Billing for Multi-Function Ventilators, New ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code
- 4/3 – Key Recommendations to Nursing Homes, State and Local Governments
- 4/2 – Stakeholder Calls Recordings Available
- 3/30 – Regulatory Changes to Help U.S. Healthcare System Address COVID-19 Patient Surge
- 3/29 – Trump Administration Engages America’s Hospitals in Unprecedented Data Sharing
- 3/27 – Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth Toolkit
- 3/27 – Summary of Recent CMS Actions
- 3/26 – CLIA Laboratory Guidance
- 3/23 – Findings at Kirkland Nursing Home and New Targeted Plan for Healthcare Facility Inspections
- 3/23 – Prioritization of Survey Activities
- 3/23 – Provider Enrollment Relief FAQs
- 3/22 – Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs
- 3/22 – COVID-19 Checklists and Tools to Accelerate Relief for State Medicaid & CHIP Programs
- 3/20 – Telehealth Toolkits for General Practitioners and ESRD Providers
- 3/18 – Adult Elective Surgery and Procedures Recommendations
- 3/18 – Updated FAQs for State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Agencies
- 3/17 – Partner Virtual Toolkit
- 3/17 – Medicare Telehealth Fact Sheet and FAQs
- 3/17 – CMS issues important waivers, exercising regulatory flexibility to combat COVID-19
- 3/13 – Updated Guidance for Nursing Homes
- 3/13 – Nursing Home Visitor Guidance
- 3/13 – Emergency Declaration
- 3/12 – FAQs on Essential Health Benefit Coverage
- 3/12 – Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) COVID-19 Test Pricing
- 3/12 – CMS Sends More Guidance to Providers
- 3/10 – Guidance for Home Health Agencies
- 3/6 – Additional Code for Coronavirus Lab Tests
- 3/6 – FAQs regarding Medicare payment for laboratory tests and other services
- 3/4 – Suspension of Survey Activities
- 3/4 – FAQs and Considerations for Patient Triage, Placement and Hospital Discharge
- 2/27 – New ICD-10-CM Code and Interim Coding Guidance