As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
- CMS Proposes Policies to Provide Seniors with More Choices and Lower Costs for Surgeries
- CMS Proposes to Expand Telehealth Benefits Permanently for Medicare Beneficiaries Beyond the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and Advances Access to Care in Rural Areas
- COVID-19: Coverage of Physician Telehealth Services Provided to SNF Residents
- CMS and CDC announce provider reimbursement available for counseling patients to self-isolate at time of COVID-19 testing
Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
05/09/20 – Telehealth Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services. This updated video answers common questions about the expanded Medicare telehealth services benefit under the 1135 waiver authority and Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
04/06/20 – Guidance for Processing Attestations from Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) Temporarily Enrolling as Hospitals during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: As part of the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers, CMS is allowing Medicare-enrolled ASCs to temporarily enroll as hospitals and to provide hospital services to help address the urgent need to increase hospital capacity to take care of patients.
03/17/20 – The federal government announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Read the press release, frequently asked questions, and fact sheet.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Releases Long-Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program Web-Based Training
- CMS Releases Interim Final Rule, Reporting Requirements Updates, and Additional Policy and Regulatory Revisions
- CMS Releases FAQs on MDPP Public Health Emergency Flexibilities
- CMS Announces Resumption of Routine Inspections of All Provider and Suppliers, Issues Updated Enforcement Guidance to States, and Posts Toolkit to Assist Nursing Homes
- CMS Updates Medicare Payment Policies for Several Types of Healthcare Providers
- OCR Issues Guidance on Civil Rights Protections Prohibiting Race, Color, and National Origin Discrimination During COVID-19
- CMS Accepting Proposals for New Measures for the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Until July 1
- Updated eCQM Specifications and eCQM Materials for 2021 Reporting Now Available
- FAQs: Medicare FFS Billing
- Updated Guidance Available for Plan Issuers on Prior Authorization, CARES Act Implementation
Additional Updates, Webinars, & More
- April 2 Cohorting Residents Guidance
- March 13 Guidance to SNFs on admissions from and discharges to hospitals.
- March 3 webinar recording and slides.
- Screening Checklist for Visitors and Employees. AHCA Guidance
- Questions: COVID19@ahca.org
American Hospital Association Checklist for Discharging Patients
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) COVID-19 Resources
FEMA Fact Sheet on Personal Protective Equipment Preservation Best Practices
Institute of Patient- and Family-Centered Care: COVID-19 FAQs