As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread, we are working with national and local agencies to ensure you receive the most up-to-date guidance.
- Updated: COVID-19 Workshop on May 28: Caring for Older Adults with Diabetes in Long-Term CareThursday, May 28, 2020, 10:30-11am Our series of 30-minute webinars continue on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am. Learn more about the COVID-19 Workshop Series. Our May 28 workshop will feature Dr. Sarah Sy, Geriatric Diabetes … Read more
- COVID-19 Workshop on May 21: Using the NHSN COVID-19 LTC Module: Data Entry for Enrolled OrganizationsThursday, May 21, 2020, 10:30-11am Our series of 30-minute webinars continue on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am. Learn more about the COVID-19 Workshop Series. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created a module … Read more
- May 11-15: CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement CallsCMS hosts varied recurring stakeholder engagement sessions to share information related to the agency’s response to COVID-19. These sessions are open to members of the healthcare community and are intended to provide updates, share best … Read more
Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
05/09/20 – Telehealth Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services. This updated video answers common questions about the expanded Medicare telehealth services benefit under the 1135 waiver authority and Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
04/06/20 – Guidance for Processing Attestations from Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) Temporarily Enrolling as Hospitals during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: As part of the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers, CMS is allowing Medicare-enrolled ASCs to temporarily enroll as hospitals and to provide hospital services to help address the urgent need to increase hospital capacity to take care of patients.
03/17/20 – The federal government announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Read the press release, frequently asked questions, and fact sheet.
View a curated list of CMS and CDC Resources.
Check back regularly for the latest updates.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC NHSN Special Circumstances
- CDC Hosts NHSN Live Q & A Session
- CDC’s NHSN LTCF COVID-19 Module: CDC Holds Additional NHSN Trainings
- CDC’s LTC Mini-Webinars
- Updated: CDC’s COVID-19 NHSN Module for Long Term Care Facilities
- How to Protect Yourself & Others
- CDC’s New PPE Educational Materials
- Infection Control FAQs
- Optimize PPE Supply
- COVID-19 Outpatient Dialysis Facility Preparedness Assessment Tool
- CDC’s NHSN: Healthcare Worker and Supply Pathways
- Dialysis Facilities: Screening Patients for COVID-19
- Infection Control Guidance
- Return-to-Work Criteria for Health Care Professionals with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Programs & Payment for Care in Hospital Alternate Care Sites
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Billing and Claims Webinar
- CMS Gives States Additional Flexibility to Address Coronavirus Pandemic
- Medicare Payment for COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- CMS Releases Additional Waivers for Hospitals and Ground Ambulance Organizations
- Trump Administration Issues Guidance to Ensure States Have a Plan in Place to Safely Reopen Nursing Homes
- CMS Accepting Proposals for New Measures for the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Until July 1
- Quality Payment Program: 2019 Performance Period Suppressed MIPS Quality Measures
- Register for the webinar: Long-term Care Facilities’ Response to COVID-19
- CMS Issues Nursing Homes Best Practices Toolkit to Combat COVID-19
- Letter From CMS Administrator to Nursing Home Workers
- May 11-15: CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement Calls
- CMS Releases Additional Waivers for Hospitals and Other Facilities
- Join Us For An Enrollment Tutorial Webinar
- COVID-19: IRF Flexibilities During the PHE
Additional Updates, Webinars, & More
American Hospital Association Checklist for Discharging Patients
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) COVID-19 Resources
FEMA Fact Sheet on Personal Protective Equipment Preservation Best Practices