September 22, 12-1PM EDT
Continuing Medical Education Credit Available!
An important focus of our work is spreading strategies for implementing opioid and pain management best practices. Both naloxone and medications for opioid use disorder, such as buprenorphine, are proven to save the lives of opioid users.
Join the IPRO QIN-QIO for a webinar titled, “Opioid and Pain Management Best Practices: Strategies for Success” as we share:
- An overview of the Opioid and Pain Management Best Practices Assessment
- How the results are used to identify quality improvement opportunities.
This event will also feature the authors of an initiative, recently published in the American Journal of Addiction. The initiative increased naloxone availability for patients with opioid prescriptions within their health system.
Additionally, we will also host a nursing home prescriber, who will share their process for prescribing opioid use disorder medications for nursing home residents.
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the Opioid and Pain Management Best Practices Assessment and review aggregate results
- Learn how a health system significantly increased naloxone prescribing through provider education and integration of clinical decision support in the electronic health record
- Identify processes, challenges and successes regarding prescribing medication for opioid use disorder for nursing home residents
The MetroHealth System is accredited by the Ohio State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The MetroHealth System designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.