August 17, 2-3PM EDT
Registration is not required. Continuing Education is not offered for this COCA call.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA) for additional doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for moderately to severely immunocompromised people. People with immunocompromising conditions or who take immunosuppressive medications or therapies are at increased risk for severe COVID-19. Studies indicate that some immunocompromised people have a reduced immune response following a primary COVID-19 vaccine series compared to vaccine recipients who are not immunocompromised. Studies have further demonstrated that an additional mRNA COVID-19 vaccine dose after an initial 2-dose primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series in some immunocompromised populations may enhance immune response.
During this COCA Call, presenters will discuss the current data on COVID-19 vaccines in immunocompromised people; the role of additional doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, patients who should be considered to receive these additional COVID-19 vaccine doses, results from the August 13, 2021, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) meeting, and CDC’s guidance on additional COVID-19 doses in immunocompromised people.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Cite background information on the topic covered during the presentation.
- Discuss CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for clinicians.
- Discuss concerns and/or issues related to preparedness for and/or response to urgent public health threats.
- Promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention in cooperation with patients, communities, at-risk populations, and other members of an interprofessional team of healthcare providers.
If you are unable to attend the live COCA Call, the recording will be available for viewing on the COCA Call webpage a few hours after the live event ends. The slide set will be available under “Call Materials” on the COCA Call webpage.
A few minutes before the webinar starts, click on the Zoom link below to join.
Or One tap mobile:
- or +16468287666,,1602130331#,,,,*549822#
- US: +1 669 254 5252 or
- +1 646 828 7666 or
- +1 669 216 1590 or
- +1 551 285 1373
Webinar ID: 160 213 0331
International numbers available: https://www.zoomgov.com/u/acYoOcgd4E