Medicare Open Enrollment is Here
Open Enrollment is from October 15–December 7. It’s a time to explore your Medicare coverage options and decide if you want to join, switch, or drop a health or drug plan.
If you’re using Medicare Plan Finder to explore your coverage options, these resources may help:
A Medicare Account Makes It Easier to Shop for Plans
Need Help Adding Pharmacies & Drugs to Your Medicare Account?
Ready to choose a Medicare Plan?
2022 How to use Medicare Plan Finder, step-by-step
Here are more helpful resources:
Medicare Communications & Marketing Guidance (MCMG)
CMS Newsroom Updates For more information, call 1-800-MEDICARE or visit Medicare.gov.
NTP Webinar Save-the-Date
NTP Update & Education Webinar
November 10, 2022
1:00–2:30 p.m. ET
Details and registration information coming soon!
NTP Webinar Recordings
NTP Update & Education Webinar (Recorded October 13, 2022)
This recorded webinar shares Medicare updates and information about:
- NTP resources and training materials to prepare for Open Enrollment (October 15)
- The Request for Information “Make Your Voice Heard: Promoting Efficiency and Equity Within CMS Programs”
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15—October 15)
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day (October 29)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Medicare & Other Programs for People with Disabilities.
To view this webinar recording, visit CMSnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/moodle/course/view.php?id=236.
2022 NTP Open Enrollment Period (OEP) Bootcamp Recordings
Wednesday, September 28—Medicare Plan Finder basics, updates, and user tips, information about the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022, including details about new costs for insulin and vaccines in 2023, and Q&A.
Thursday, September 29—Medicare OEP overview, general program and cost updates, OEP media outreach campaigns, Call Center overview and activities, vaccination campaigns, State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) overview and OEP resources, and fraud awareness and prevention.
Webinar recordings are posted on CMSnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/?q=ntp-courses
NTP Summer Workshop Series Recordings
Medicare Enrollment, Eligibility, Part A and Part B
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
Preventing Medicare & Medicaid Fraud, Waste, & Abuse
Where Do I Find? (Online Resources)
Medicaid & the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
CMS and SAMHSA: Federal Partners addressing Behavioral Health
The Public Health Emergency (PHE) and CMS Programs
Marketplace to Medicare: What You Can Expect
To view all our past webinar recordings, please visit CMSnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov
Updated NTP Training Materials
Job Aid: 2023 Medicare Amounts
Getting Started with Medicare 2022/2023 PowerPoint
Fraud, Waste, & Abuse Prevention PowerPoint (Spanish)
Coordination of Benefits PowerPoint (Spanish)
For all NTP training materials go to CMSnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/resources.
Did You Know?
- The 2023 Medicare Advantage (MA) and Part D Landscape data is available.
- The cost of a month’s supply of each Part D-covered insulin will be capped at $35, and you won’t have to pay a deductible for insulin, starting on January 1, 2023. For more information, go to Medicare.gov/about-us/inflation-reduction-act or CMS’s Inflation Reduction Act Fact Sheet.
- For more information on the Make Your Voice Heard: Promoting Efficiency and Equity Within CMS Programs RFI and to access the web-based public comment form, please visit: Medicare.gov/request-information-make-your-voice-heard
- October is Health Literacy Month. For more information and resources, go to The Health Literacy Solutions Center.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency’s (DEA) National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is October 29, 2022. Visit DEA.gov/takebackday for resources.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For Medicare coverage information on breast cancer screening and mammograms, go to Medicare.gov/coverage/mammograms.