Please join the Massachusetts Department of Public Health in a regional containment webinar led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
C. AURIS AND CPO COLONIZATION SCREENING 101: Everything you need to know about colonization screening through the CDC’s Antimicrobial Resistance Laboratory Network.
CEs are available.
Date: Monday, November 15, 2021
Time: 10 -11 am
- Describe how MDROs transmitthrough healthcare facilities.
- Describe the role their healthcare facility type plays in limiting further transmission throughout a region.
- Compare the different types of MDRO surveillance and which types apply attheir healthcare facility.
- Identify infection prevention and control practices they should implement at their healthcare facilities to prevent MDRO transmission.
- Recognize current practices for communicating a patient/resident MDRO status, both inside and outside their facility and identify key strategies for improving interprofessional care through clear multidisciplinary communication.
- Dr. Elizabeth Soda, MD, Medical Officer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Joeseph Sexton, PhD, Microbiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Liore Klein, MSPH, Lab-Epidemiology Coordinator, AR Lab Network Program, Maryland Department of Health