Treatment for Substance Use Disorder During the Public Health Emergency
Wednesday, October 7, 3PM-4PM EDT
Conference Call Information
- Participant Dial-In Number: 1-888-455-1397
- Conference ID #: 7322214
- Note: TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
CMS will host a Special Open Door Forum (ODF) to allow primary care providers, psychosocial support specialists, addiction medicine specialists, and other interested parties to ask questions on CMS’s actions to address the opioids crisis during the public health emergency (PHE).
CMS’s Opioid Roadmap is a three-pronged approach to combating the opioid epidemic focusing on:
- Prevention of new cases of opioid use disorder (OUD);
- Treatment of patients who have already become dependent on or have an opioid use disorder; and
- Utilization of data from across the country to target prevention and treatment activities
As one of the largest payers of healthcare services, CMS has a vital role in addressing the opioid epidemic and the COVID-19 PHE. This event will focus on CMS’s recent policy changes to Medicare and Medicaid to facilitate beneficiaries’ access to substance use disorder treatment.