The field of behavioral health is always evolving, and our teams are constantly looking for opportunities to sharpen skills and learn new things.
We regularly gather a variety of webinars, training opportunities, and resources on what’s happening in the field and these lists are just too good to keep to ourselves.
Below is a curated list of information from our Behavioral Health team, working across 11 states and the District of Columbia, to improve access to behavioral health and facilitate appropriate opioid use.
- Addressing the Growing Rate of Suicide in the Black Community September 30, 2020, 3:00 PM EDT
- Strengthening Support for Family Caregivers: Emerging State Lessons October 1, 2020, 12-1:30 PM EDT
- The University of Rochester Behavioral Health Integration Series October 2, 2020
Policy, Resources, & Research
- Infographic: The State of Homelessness in the US, The National Institute for Health Care Management (NIHCM) Foundation
- Infographic: 10 Steps to Achieve Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM), GTMRx Institute
- Final Recommendations: Unhealthy Drug Use: Screening, U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (June 9, 2020)
- Qualitative Study: Factors Influencing Physician Practices’ Adoption of Behavioral Health Integration in the United States, Annals of Internal Medicine (July 21, 2020)
- PDF Toolkit: Hospital Strategies for Pain Management and Reducing Opioid Use Disorder, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (August 2020)
- Fact Sheets: Mental Health and Substance Use State Fact Sheets, Kaiser Family Foundation (July 10, 2020)
- Article: New Research Shows Promise of Telehealth in Treating Opioid Use Disorder, AHRQ Views Blog, (August 31, 2020)
- Article: Large US Counties Show Uptick in overdose deaths, Becker’s Hospital Review (September 8, 2020)
- Article: Depression Triples in US Adults Amid COVID-19 Stressors, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) (September 3, 2020)
- Article: In Rural Vermont, Food Relief Program Is Eyed as Model, Daily Yonder (September 8, 2020)
- Petition: Change the Name: End the Stigma, Faces & Voices of Recovery and the Recovery Research Institute of Harvard Medical School & Massachusetts General Hospital