Thursday, August 13, 10:30-11AM EDT
Our COVID-19 Workshop Series continues on Thursdays, 10:30–11AM.
COVID-19 has changed how we interact within nursing homes and how we visit loved ones.
Join us as we share strategies for facilities, families, and residents including:
- Communication strategies used between residents, families, and facilities during the pandemic
- How communication or lack of communication impacts family perceptions about a facility
- Understanding concerns families have about the lack of visitation
- How survey results can guide development of timely and targeted facility communications strategy
- Infographic: The Family Experience in Long-Term Care During the COVID-19 Visitation Restriction
- Handout: Tips for Communicating with Families During the Pandemic
Have specific questions?
Let us know and we’ll address them in our upcoming webinars. Email us at: QIOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Jane Straker, PhD
Director of Research
Scripps Gerontology Center
Jane K. Straker, MGS, PhD, FGSA, is the Director of Research at the Scripps Gerontology Center, and Adjunct Associate Professor of Sociology and Gerontology at Miami University, Oxford Ohio. Her research focuses on long-term services and supports; she has gathered consumer input on a variety of services from home-delivered meals to state and national organizational surveys for nursing homes, residential care facilities and area agencies on aging. Her biennial surveys of long-term care families provide information for the Ohio Long-Term Care Consumer Guide, www.ltc.ohio.gov